Friday, June 15, 2007

Think About It

Look at this quote from Paul, that great missionary in the New Testament, speaking of his life goal. I think he was in “the grip of divine love,” such that he no longer wanted to live for himself, but rather for God. (See this quote in its context at 2 Corinthians 5:14.) What does the love of Christ compel you to do?

"...the love of Christ compels us."

2 comments:

-ana- said...

The love of Christ compels me to pray to for His aid in learning how to love others more. I need Christ to learn how to be more empathetic to other's feelings and needs. Lord knows trying to do it on my steam falls short...

By the way...loving the blog!

John and Becki said...

Thanks for the feedback, Ana. I agree that loving people is one of the hardest things. Sometimes I just can't listen to one more person's problems and I feel like my fund of love has expired. The only thing I know to do is to pray for God's own love to flow through me.