Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Banner is Raised on the Mountains

John and John Mitchell rode southeast from Salt Lake City to Denver to pray at the capitol building of the "Centennial State." Citizens of Colorado chose this nickname because it became a state in 1876. We think of mountains, though, when we think of Colorado, so Isaiah 18:3 is the prayer we pray for the the Christians here:
All you people of the world, you who live on the earth,
when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it,
and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it.
On Saturday afternoon, John Mitchell began his trip back to Phoenix, with gratitude from John for his good companionship on the first 4,500 miles. Tomorrow I'll be traveling to Amarillo, Texas, to meet up with John as he visits his family later on in the week on his way to the next capital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must comment on John doing what he has done for years upon years that I have known him. That is praying for nations/people.
This is one of his most outstanding Jesus qualities, I have observed. It is caring as Jesus did; like his praying and weeping with the heart of God, over Jerusalem, etc. So to care for the people, "my brethren" that He loves, what a privilege that is and I know blesses the heart of God...... love in Christ, mom hawk