Monday, August 6, 2007

Today the Ride Begins


A group of us met on Saturday morning at the capitol building in Phoenix, as you see in this photo. Then today John began the Ride by heading west to L.A. He'll be there a couple of days, then it's on to Sacramento on Friday, with his friend John Mitchell and son-in-law Reuben as riding partners.

Thank you, everyone, for all your encouragement and prayers! Our own prayer is that this Ride will spark renewed passion for God's Great Global Mission all along John's route. Watch this spot for maps of where he goes, and don't worry, I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle John and Aunt Becki,
I can't believe this has started already. I am praying for your safty. Love and miss you,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

John Mitchell call us at the office Irene at New Life 916-536-5433 or cell at 916-607-7381

Don said...

This is great Pastor! Many blessings to you. How can we find out when you are going to be in our area? I would like to be by the highway with a sign or something. Take your picture as you go by. I need to know when you are passing through AR. Thanks!

Fr. Don Pendergraft